Monday, May 9, 2011

Parenting 101 with JP

You may have to excuse some of my language but the kids are THAT important to me. Also, there are exceptions to things that I say, just not many. Plus, people always say, "you think you know everything." Nope, but I know right from wrong, and the difference is... I make no excuses for wrong. PERIOD.

"It's all about the kids." HA. I wish, but in these days, thats, a phrase I HEAR but rarely SEE. Parents now are so caught up in their own lives and making excuses for why something is or isn't (usually laziness) that they don't realize the long term damage that they're doing to their own children. It truly is very disheartening because when you address these parents, the automatic response is defense. I understand. I'm not a parent yet (August 23rd), HOWEVER, that does not mean that I couldn't understand the basic principles on how to be a good parent. Here are a few JP-esque statements to think about.

If you cuss a lot around your kids, don't be mad when they get kicked out of school for cussing around their friends and get caught.

If you are violent around your kids, don't be mad when they try to fight everybody that does anything to them.

If you keep a messy house, don't be mad if they have roaches in theirs later on.

If you never sacrifice your own comfort and time for them, don't expect them to do the same for you later when you need anything from them AND don't expect them to sacrifice their comfort for their own kids.

If you don't engage their minds with learning, don't be mad if they grow to be idiots.

If you are a father and you act like a dick to your kids, your son will grow to be a dick, and your daughter will grow up and date dicks.

If you are a bitch to your kids, you daughter will grow up to be a bitch, and your son will grow up and date bitches.

The list goes on and on but there are a few to think about as you either think about your personal interactions with your kids or just when you observe others around theirs.

Here is a more immediate example for you to think about... think of the people that you know.. Think of the ones who are successful or bound to be successful.. then think of their parents.. Now think of all the lowlifes that you know... then think of their parents. See the trend?

In the past, most younger parents treated their kids as blessings, thats why they had so many of them. In the present, most younger parents treat their kids like a burden. They never WANT to do anything for there kids, they'll do what they need to do to keep them alive and clothed but the interactions have changed because the times have changed.

If I was able to cry about this topic, I'd drop tears on this JUST to show you how serious I am on this matter. I just wish everybody was as open minded as me or more on this topic.

Let me tell you what IS probably going to happen:

A LOT of parents who do these things will be offended and angry that I felt I had the right to say something without any kids already. Boom. mind closed. problem goes on. ---Ignore the messenger, think about the message.

Some parents will think that it doesn't apply to them, because they feel that they do enough and this will fly right over their heads. --- Better think hard about your lifestyle.

A couple parents eyes have been opened with this and hopefully they'll change for the betterment of themselves AND their children, and these values will be instilled in them. --- YOU couple are who I wrote this for, eff the other people.

and the VERY small amount of parents who are actually GOOD parents, will read this and appreciate knowing that I will not be apart of this ever growing problem in society. --- You GOOD parents are the ones who set the example, and I thank you for being who you are for your kids.

-JP

No comments:

Post a Comment